The Social Change Nest is committed to protecting the personal information and privacy of everyone we work with, including our team (including employees, consultants, associates and interns), clients (including current and former clients), funders and website visitors. We believe you have the right to privacy on the web. This policy sets out how we will treat your personal information and how it is kept secure in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) and, when enacted, the Data Protection Act 2018 (UK) (together referred to as the “GDPR”).
This policy must be read in conjunction with our Data Protection Policy and our IT security policy.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of data:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views;
- Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any booking or payment you make to us;
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering your interest in one or several of our services e.g. your email address, telephone number, purpose of the call and other personal information;
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters; and
- Any other information that you choose to send to us.
How do we collect and store information?
- The Social Change Nest hosts websites that use “cookies” to help personalise your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
- One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the web server that you have returned to a specific page.
- You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.
- We will use the information you provide on the newsletter form to be in touch with you and to provide updates and marketing.
- As reiterated later on this document, you can change your mind at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of any email you receive from us, or by contacting us.
- Zoho is our Customer Relationship Management system and it helps us to avoid asking you the same questions over and over again.
- If you have shown interest in any of our products or services; by downloading our resources, by booking a training course or simply by calling or emailing us asking for more information, we may keep data about your contact information, your name, your organization as well as notes about your specific interests.
- We do this under the lawful basis of legitimate interest, taking on extra responsibility for considering and protecting your rights and interests, as stated by the General Data Protection Regulation.
How will we use your personal data?
- We may use your personal information to:
- administer the websites;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send statements and receipts to you, and collect payments from you;
- send you general (non-marketing) communications;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send you marketing communications relating to The Social Change Nest and our campaigns, which we think may be of interest to you;
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
- answer your questions about our services and provide you with the best value.
- Where you submit personal information for publication on our various websites, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
- We will not sell or rent your personal data with third party organisations.
- We may share your personal data with third party organisations for specific purposes e.g. delivering to you a service in collaboration with other agencies or foundations, only after collecting your consent.
- We have a refund policy in case you make a donation in error. If you contact us within 7 days of making the donation we will return it to you within 40 days without charge.
Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. You are responsible for keeping your user details confidential.
On receipt of proof of identity and a written request you may have a copy of any information that we hold about you. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Third party websites
The various websites we host contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
You may unsubscribe from any of our mailing lists at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of any marketing email we send through Mailchimp.